RECYCLING MONTANA COMPOST GRANT PROGRAM
The Zeller Foundation and Recycle Montana are teaming up to establish a grant program that awards funding for the implementation of waste reduction and composting programs in public and private K-12 schools. We are pleased to announce the availability of these new grants in 2023 for projects implemented during the 2023-2024 school year. The maximum per award, $500, will be awarded to four schools that submit the best applications as decided by the Recycle Montana Board of Directors. Deadline for submission is September 15, 2023.
All public and private K-12 schools in Montana are eligible to apply for funding. The school may choose any type of program they desire as long as it implements a waste reduction and composting program. There are several existing school program templates available on the internet.
Applicants and programs must:
Describe the project
Include a goal and objectives to increase awareness or minimize waste through waste reduction and composting
Submit a budget
Identify participants (classroom, grade, student organization, school cafeteria personnel, etc.)
Identify desired results, continuity and sustainability (create compost for a school garden, utilize cafeteria waste, use cardboard in composting, create a worm garden, sell compost to the community, purchase BPI certified compostable garbage bags and/or compostable service ware, etc.)
Agree to share program information and data with Recycle Montana; grant winners will be asked to share their progress at the midterm of the grant cycle which runs from September 15, 2023 to September 15, 2024.
Grant Application Checklist
Use the list below to ensure that you have completed the necessary application components before submitting your grant application.
- Completed Application Form: 10 points
- Written Project Description including the following:
- Project Goals and Objectives: 40 points
- Project Team and Partners: 20 points
- Desired Results, Continuity and Sustainability: 15 points
- Budget and Budget Detail: 15 points (extra points for reused materials in compost bins use or construction- 10 Bonus points)
- Optional - Supporting Documentation (no more than 3 double-sided pages) such as price quotes, educational materials, plans, project maps, etc.: 10 Bonus points
Complete Online Application below: